The solar system is a set of devices that use solar energy to heat domestic hot water, pool water, as well as to support central heating. This kit consists of elements such as:
1. Solar collector – each collector consists of an absorber (its task is to absorb solar radiation), piping (this is the duct system, which receives from the absorber the generated heat), housing (its main task is to protect the collector fromvheat loss and the influence of external conditions) and glass cover, which is also a kind of barrier and protects the collector from the environment (e.g. snow / wind / etc.)
2. The water tank
3. Solar controller – functions as the power meter, displays the temperature of the collector and the tank top, regulates pump speed
4. Pumping group – circulates antifreeze that transfers the heat from the collector to the exchanger.
5. Connection set for collectors
There are two types of collectors which acquire energy in different ways:
1. Flat-plate collectors – they have a unique way of connecting the absorber with copper pipes,
thus providing the optimum heat conduction effect. Their application allows you to effectively
heat the domestic hot water and swimming pool water.
2. Vacuum tube solar collectors – constructed with vacuum tubes. With the vacuum between the tubes, which fulfills the functions of the insulator, the air temperature has no effect on the efficiency of the collector
How does the solar system work?
The heat, obtained by collector from solar radiation, is then collected by the carrier (glycol antifreeze solution that circulates in the system through the circulation pump) and transmitted to the coils , located directly in the water heater, by means of two flexible tubes made of stainless steel or copper. The heat put into the coil heats the water in the heater.
Is it worth it to opt for a solar system?
Solar systems are very popular due to their quality, durability of equipment, system simplicity and attractive investment cost. Currently, the cost of heating a home is a significant part of the family budget. Solar systems are a great idea to reduce the costs associated with the daily use of hot water. Due to the high performance and durability, ever more people decide to invest in solar energy. The solar system is able to meet 100% of demand for the heat of an average family, which allows for savings of 60%!
Advantages of solar systems
- Financial benefits and significant savings
- A relatively quick return on investment
- Durability and high performance
- Resistant to external influences
- Reduced emissions of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere